"I dream't I dwelt in marble halls"
Devoted to the histories and current state of the great mansions of America's Gilded Age.

Thursday, March 26, 2015

15,000 Members on Mansions of the Gilded Age

Mansions of the Gilded Age on Facebook
Mansions of the Gilded Age has a group on Facebook that has just reached 15,000 members. The group was founded in 2011 and grew to 1,000 members in a year, by mid 2013 the group reached 2,400. By August 2014 the group reached 10,000. 7 months later the group grew again by another 5,000!  I want to thank the many members for joining and all their contributions and congratulate them for making the group what it is and let's keep it going! Nothing was too BIG for the Gilded Age, so there are no limits!  I founded the group to share my lifelong interest in the Gilded Age and the homes of the period. When the group had 1,000 members I was amazed at how much interest there was out there. I do research all the time on mansions and always love to share what I find. Old books, mansions to visit, movies, and most importantly to me, while sad, is to show the many, many mansions that are now gone. I only hope that through the groups huge reach, we can make more people aware of the great loss to our architectural history and maybe just be able to save something for the future generations! I also want to thank the many members who openly share their favorite mansions and collections. Every day I see new mansions and old photos of houses I know so well from different angles and eras. So THANK YOU again everybody and keep on posting, sharing and telling friends about Mansions of the Gilded Age!  If you are not a member, please ask to join and enjoy the group! Mansions of the Gilded Age on Facebook

Gary Lawrance

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails